james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: Next 2.x release
Date Sun, 05 Nov 2006 19:46:27 GMT
Danny Angus wrote:

> Standing up for Stefano here..

Nothing to stand up for ... it is just another instance of the silly
nomenclature problem.

> Stefano Bagnara <apache@bago.org> wrote:
> > Sorry I don't understand this message. I understood we defined the
> > following:
>
> > 2.3.1 - bug fix release: we simply fix bugs in v2.3 branch and will
> > release something if needed (the unbounded cache and the connection
> > accepting problem are good candidate to decide we need it).

I doubt that we'll ever do this, since it would be subsumed by:

> > next-minor: the release you said you want to work and that will be based
> > on 2.3 branch (but not the 2.3 branch itself) and you want to backport
> > things from trunk (to be released in 1-2 months).

which is what I'm working on.  And of course it would be from the v2.3
branch, which is why it still exists.  So far the list includes:

  - removal of InetAddress cache
  - connection accepting fix
  - per IP connection enhancement

The latter two are pending Norman's changes for the last, since those files
are identical between v2.3 and trunk.

> > next-major: the release we are currently preparing on trunk and that
> > we'll branch soon (in 1-2 months).

I doubt that timeframe, but timeframe is irrelevant.

	--- Noel