james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Brewin" <sbre...@synsys.com>
Subject RE: ANTLR
Date Mon, 11 Dec 2006 19:32:22 GMT
Joachim and Robert wrote:
<snipped/>

Hi,

You might want to look at the jSieve code to see how something similar to
your objectives is achieved using JavaCC rather than ANTLR. This is a
different, not necessarily better, approach.

It would be interesting to compare and contrast the pro's and con's of each
approach. My hazy memory says I looked at both approaches and plumped for
JavaCC's as being easier to work with (to me).

Of course the JSieve code is parsing Sieve commands rather than IMAP's.

Good luck with your endeavours. Its great to see IMAP development coming on
strong.

Cheers

-- Steve