james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Joachim Draeger ...@joachim-draeger.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Using of 2.3 branch
Date Tue, 19 Dec 2006 12:35:25 GMT
Am Montag, den 18.12.2006, 13:34 +0100 schrieb Norman Maurer:
> 1) Commit fixes and new "minor" features to 2.3 branch:

 -1 (non binding)

We need a pure bugfix branch that is not mixed up with new features.
This way we are able to put out a bugfix release at any time without
having to test the backported features additionally.

If someone wants to put out a feature release based on 2.3, it should be
done in a dedicated branch.

That way merging new features and backporting bug fixes won't interfere.

BTW I don't care about version numbers, they are irrelevant. (We may
need to define them early for better communication)

A feature release could even be called 2.3.1 (2.3+fixed+features). We
would still be able to release 2.3.0.1 (2.3+fixes), if needed.

> 2) Commit only bugfixes to 2.3 branch:

 +1 (non binding)

Joachim