james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Joachim Draeger ...@joachim-draeger.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE] InetAddress unbounded cache patch backport
Date Tue, 19 Dec 2006 13:06:21 GMT
Am Montag, den 18.12.2006, 11:28 +0100 schrieb Stefano Bagnara:

> 1) Backport the custom static access to DNSServer.

-0 This solution is not bad but quite intrusive compared to the others.
It would be okay if we wouldn't have other options.

> 2) Backport sun jvm specific fix to JAMES-679:

We should be careful with sun specific solutions until we clearly
declare sun jvm as requirement.

+0.9

> 3) Define where to add the
> "java.security.Security.setProperty("networkaddress.cache.ttl" , "0");"
> apply it to trunk and backport it (if you vote this please tell your
> preferences about the place to add this code).

+1

As a Static Initializer in James.java until we find a better place. :-)

Joachim