james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Bagnara <apa...@bago.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Using of 2.3 branch
Date Thu, 21 Dec 2006 16:42:39 GMT
Vincenzo Gianferrari Pini wrote:
> Moreover, I think that we are responsible enough to evaluate (the
> unfortunately few of us that will do them) if a minor feature is really
> low risk and could go into this branch, so I think that lazy consensus
> is much better than voting every time. And for such minor stuff a road
> map is bureaucracy. Next minor is

I will agree on lazy consensus for v2.3 branch AFTER a proposal on the
point release or next-minor roadmap will have passed a majority of
votes, otherwise we should keep working using votes, I think.

History showed us that we need a vote even to decide what kind of fix we
want to backport for a bug, so I'm not optimistic about the "responsible
enough to evaluate if a minor feature is really low risk". Imho it is
not a matter of responsibility: risk are really subjected to personal
opinion.

Stefano