james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Norman ...@spam-box.de>
Subject Re: Type of next release
Date Sun, 17 Dec 2006 09:32:41 GMT
Hi Joachim,

here are my VOTES (?) :-)

1. Backport features from trunk to 2.3 branch (AKA next-minor):

+0 I see no need for such a release. If we want to make a release soon then we should release
a 2.3.1 with only should contain bugfixes.

2. Create a config/storage compatible release from trunk (AKA next-major)

+0.8 This is what we have currently in trunk.. IMHO it's the safest of all releases. But you
are right if we want todo it we should branch soon to not block other work. I think config
compatibility is maybe not so bad to break if we write the needed steps down in UPGRADE.TXT.

3. Work on a non-compatible release from trunk (AKA next-greater)

+1 After workin on fixin bugs and new features i think there are some
stuff which can't really be done with next-major. But if we want to work
on next-greater we should be very carefull to not need to touch the
compatibility again after the release.

bye
Norman