james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Norman Maurer ...@byteaction.de>
Subject Quota matcher
Date Mon, 18 Dec 2006 07:32:15 GMT
Hi guys,

as you (hopefully) all know the current Quota code is very ineffectiv
and can cause many problems when using JDBC based mailrepository.

See:
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JAMES-717
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JAMES-718

For me there are 2 possible solutions at the moment for getting rid of it:

1. Add an comment to config.xml to explain the problems with this
matchers and mark the matchers as experimental.

+ 0

2. Remove the code until we can provide a "usefull" support for quota.
For me thats impossible until we add the quota support to the storage
layer (Mailbox). This will propally not be done until we break storage
comptatibility

+ 1

bye
Norman