james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Norman Maurer ...@byteaction.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE] InetAddress unbounded cache patch backport
Date Mon, 18 Dec 2006 10:50:17 GMT
Stefano Bagnara schrieb:

> And here are the options to be voted:
>
> 1) Backport the custom static access to DNSServer.
-0 I don't think this is needed. Why should we modify the DNSServer here
if we can do it with a simple startup option. This will also make it
harder to maintain..

> 2) Backport sun jvm specific fix to JAMES-679:
+1 This is the easiest and safest fix.

> 3) Define where to add the
> "java.security.Security.setProperty("networkaddress.cache.ttl" ,
> "0");" apply it to trunk and backport it (if you vote this please tell
> your preferences about the place to add this code).

+ 0.5 This fix is also clean and simple. I just prefer the startup
option fix cause we not have to modify the code. But maybe this fix is
also cool cause the upgrading user has only to replace the sar and has
not to worry about the run scripts.

bye
Norman