james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Norman Maurer ...@byteaction.de>
Subject Re: Type of next release
Date Tue, 19 Dec 2006 08:23:57 GMT
Noel J. Bergman schrieb:
> Stefano Bagnara wrote:
>

>> Cool! I'm happy to know there are others committer testing unreleased
>> code and helping in the hard consolidation process.
>>

> You must be misunderstanding.  I am running v2.3 plus just a couple of vital
> fixes that you blocked.  I do wonder if whom else amongst us *other than me*
> is actually running a stock JAMES distribution in production on Internet
> accessible servers.

I run at least about 8 Servers.. We just add some costum mailets to the
stock install + the property to the run script.

>> NO, please, don't change v2.3 branch before discussing what you want to
>> do. And the "[VOTE] Using of 2.3 branch" thread is waiting for your vote
>> as the first step trying to solve this issue.
>>

> I am as likely to resign from JAMES as I am to participate in continued
> discussions on these threads.
>
> 	--- Noel

Please... what the problem with the thread (VOTE) ? Why you not just
cast your vote ? I just want to know how others feel about it, thats why
i start the vote. What's the problem with doing feature backport to
"next-minor" branch (when created) and only bugfixing in 2.3.1 (2.3
branch). I still not get this.

bye
Norman