james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Markus Weimer" <markus.wei...@gmail.com>
Subject (Simple?) Question regarding mime4j
Date Sat, 30 Dec 2006 16:22:05 GMT
Hi List,

since a week or so, I am trying to solve a seemingly simple problem:
Given a database entry that contains an email as Text, find the body
of the message. This boils down to:

Given the String representation of the message, find the human-written
part of the content.

I'm not interested in attachments, S/MIME info etc, as I am doing
natural language processing research: I just need the subject and the
body, and the subject has been extracted by the kind guys who gave me
the database.

Mime4j seems to be able to do what I want, but I can't quite figure it
out. The examples mentioned on the homepage[0] must solve this as a
sub-problem. I wanted to learn from the source code of these examples,
but they are not part of the source download :-(

Can someone please provide me with an alternative option to download
the source of the  examples or just paste the relevant part here?

Thanks in advance and sorry if I ended up on the wrong list,

Markus

[0]: http://james.apache.org/mime4j/samples.html