james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Bernd Fondermann" <bernd.fonderm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: JAMES Nightly SIGSEGV Was: JAMES Server Nightly Build Report
Date Tue, 05 Dec 2006 07:13:01 GMT
On 12/4/06, Joachim Draeger <jdraeger@gmx.de> wrote:
> Hi Bernd,
>
> Cool! Didn't see that one for a long time. Is there a reward by the
> ASF? ;-)

... but only for crashing 3 times in a row at the same physical memory address.

> So, what says TDD to crashing VMs? ;-))

:-) Don't know, never done TDD. But you should really try/catch that
crash and give a better error message ;-)

> In fact StatusSessionTest involves code I changed, but that should have
> been accessed in the tests before too.

If the crash is reproducible you could put the prev version of that
file back in as a copy and try to let both be run.

> Will there be anything promising in the hs_err_pid15428.log? Just
> cryptic dump I guess...
> Is it possible to get the output log of the test?

>From Noel probably.

> I have exactly the same JVM build and clean/rerun several times.
> Everything fine. The only difference is that I run 32 bit.
>
> Well, the current JVM version is 1.5.0_10. The number of bugs fixed
> since _06 is quite worrying.
>
> I would say if there are problems with the JVM update it, not the code.
> I wouldn't even know where to look.

Yes, but we could try to narrow it down.

  Bernd