james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Bernd Fondermann" <bernd.fonderm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Nightly Builds
Date Wed, 13 Dec 2006 07:31:40 GMT
> > ok, I fixed javadocs and reduced the output from this task, maybe this
> > reduced output below the magic 100. let's see.
>
> Maybe.  Barely.  The raw text output is just shy of 95K.
>
> Breakdown:
>
>   Deprecation messages for main compile:  ~20K
>   Deprecation messages for junit compile: ~12K
>   JUnit output:                           ~20K
>   xdocs output:                           ~ 6K
>   JavaDoc messages:                       ~30K
>                                           ----
>                                           ~88K
>
> So there is ~7K of other packaging messages, nothing to complain about.

Can't we post-process the build output so we do not need to change build.xml?

> The
> big ones are the useless warnings related to JavaDocs, and the deprecation
> messages.  For the JavaDocs, we still get many messages related to @phoenix
> tags.

I tried to turn them off using the "tag" option, but did not manage
to, because phoenix seems to use both , "-" and ":", in his tags. see

http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/tooldocs/windows/javadoc.html#tag

Hopefully someone else understands this syntax and finds a way to
specify tags like "phoenix:jmx-operation".

  Bernd