james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Bernd Fondermann" <bernd.fonderm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Roadmap again
Date Sat, 16 Dec 2006 07:50:35 GMT
Hi,

On 12/14/06, Norman <nm@spam-box.de> wrote:
> Hi commiters,
>
> its now about 4 weeks ago when Stefano and me posted a roadmap proposal
> to the mailling list. Nothing concrete happen since this posting. I
> really whould like to get this odd roadmap stuff done now to focus on
> working on the next release. Without the roadmap it is impossible for me
> to help the project and work on concrete things.
> So what the stuff other people want to see in next release ? Is the
> proposed stuff ok ?

For the next release I would like to
+ have basic (whatever than means) IMAP stable, perfoming and
functional, and well integrated with the rest of James architecture.
+ have more online management and monitoring features done
+ have a Spring distribution besides the other packages

> I whould also like to focus on a branch date. Maybe branch in 2/2007  ?

I would rather not call for a "branch date", but focus on "feature
freeze" and "release" dates.
Branching is just a technical thing which can be completely omitted if
we release from trunk.
And I would like to have us release from trunk, because it keeps us
focused on testing and finalizing.

Would a release target date end of Q2/Y07 be OK?

> I hope this start no new "war". I just want to work on something
> concrete. So please help me and james ;-)

HTH :-)

  Bernd