james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: Type of next release
Date Mon, 18 Dec 2006 01:09:23 GMT
Joachim Draeger wrote:

> 1. Backport features from trunk to 2.3 branch (AKA next-minor)
> 2. Create a config/storage compatible release from trunk (AKA next-major)
> 3. Work on a non-compatible release from trunk (AKA next-greater)

Why only one?

We should (and should have already) released v2.3.1 with the changes that I
wanted to make to fix the defect, and to add one other change (the per-IP
connections, which is really quite helpful).  And this ought to be done by
renaming the v2.3 branch.  If we really need the original v2.3.0 code back,
we can copy the tag again.

Do people really want to argue over 2.3.1 vs 2.4 because some minor feature
is added?

As for branching from trunk, I agree with you.  We don't need to copy trunk
unless we have problems with people working on things in trunk that are in
opposition to trying to make trunk reliable and stable.  We can cross that
bridge when we come to it.

FWIW, I will have very very limited Internet access this week.

	--- Noel