james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "robert burrell donkin" <robertburrelldon...@gmail.com>
Subject [IMAP] performance of commands on unselected mailboxes
Date Sun, 10 Dec 2006 10:41:30 GMT
(moving https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JAMES-720 on list)

i ran monitoring code most of last week and the same
getImapMailboxSession performance problem that effected the STATUS
command also effect many of the other commands which operated on
unselected mailboxes. the APPEND command has been running very slowly
(in the tens of seconds).

as requested, i updated to the lastest code and merged my local
changes. i'm glad to say that the recent improvements have made a very
noticable difference to APPEND. STATUS is still running with the local
change to lazy caching to allow me to collect data for comparison
against the new version on HEAD. (i'm now running with derby logging
off to improve performance.)

good work :-)

- robert