james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Bagnara <apa...@bago.org>
Subject Re: Experimental Handler Branch
Date Tue, 02 Jan 2007 08:47:44 GMT
Serge Knystautas wrote:
>> Much code has been written in hurry, with the simple goal to create a
>> strawman implementation. Details and a much better review can be done
>> after a proposal will be done IF we'll have agreement on the solution.
>
> Please make the effort to be inclusive.  If you tell people you are
> using this branch as a sandbox a) I know what to do with these commit
> notices and b) could get involved in the fun if I had time.

I'm not sure I understand the sentence so forgive me if this does not
answer to your concerns.

The branch was opened by Norman in the "sandbox" folder so I thought it
was clear it was a sandbox. As I explained we currently don't have a
plan about what to do in the branch but experimenting concrete changes
to collect more ideas and test them for real.

It is hard for me to provide now more information than I already
provided in reply to Noel, hope this is enough.

I wouldn't abuse your time and others' committer times to review all of
that experimental commits, but I think we used informative comments so
that curious can check them and in case this code will have a longer
future you (and me too, as my memory leaks) can check the involved steps.

Following Danny proposal to keep STATUS file updated Norman did this few
days ago:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/james/server/trunk/STATUS

I think this is in line with what happened with any other sandbox there,
but I'm willing to provide any other useful information upon request.

Just ask ;-)

Stefano