james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Bagnara <apa...@bago.org>
Subject Re: [handlerapi-experiment] Adding HookResultHook
Date Thu, 04 Jan 2007 17:33:50 GMT
Norman Maurer wrote:
> Stefano Bagnara schrieb:
>> We should probably move logging of ok/deny operations from specific
>> hooks to this Hook result interceptor.
> This sound like a good idea, but i have to think a bit more about this ..

The first that open the workspace should add this to TODO so we remember
to test it.

>> Furthermore I would probably use "HookResultHandler" or
>> "HookResultInterceptor" instead of "HookResultHook" as this shouldn't
>> be part of the "public hook api" (not needed for easy user-oriented
>> tasks).
> I think i not agree.. Why you want this not in the "public hook api" ? I
> think there are some use cases which whould need it. For example update
> a database on each DENY for graphing etc .. Or just for statistic
> generation. But i agree that the name is probally not the best..

Ok. Let's call it HookResultInterceptor.

It is not important now wether it will be public or not: the important
thing is that we find out wether it works and if we like it more than
other approaches: and it seems we agree on this.

Stefano