james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject Experimental Handler Branch
Date Mon, 01 Jan 2007 23:17:44 GMT
I see all of the work here, and Norman explained on Skype what he and
Stefano are doing, but this is not the way that we develop code.  Please
correct me if I am wrong, but I do not see a single message, much less a
discussion, of the ideas, plans, etc., for this code.

As I understand it, the gist of it was to take the Handler API and merge in
the work that I had done on push model I/O.  Apparently, they then decided
to adopt some of the ideas from QPSMTP for plugins.  All fine and dandy, but
again, if this was not done in a collaborative manner involving the
community, I don't see it.  If it is there, I apologize for missing it.
Please point it out so that I can respond to those discussions.  Else I will
start new threads for people to discuss the code.

Personally, I have some issues with the code, but nothing that can't be
corrected.

	--- Noel