james-server-dev mailing list archives

From David Woldrich <d...@woldrich.com>
Subject Re: James deployed as plugin on Geronimo!
Date Thu, 15 Feb 2007 00:22:36 GMT
Robert,

Ok, fair enough.  Well, honestly for starters, I would love to deploy
James as a monolithic Enterprise App or Web App if we could work out the
lifecycle issues (meaning System.exit() isn't the only way to achieve
orderly server shutdown.)  It's been awhile since I looked deep enough
at that code to say whether that problem has already been solved or
not.  So, if I could get that, it would totally solve my short term
itch.  If you think that that's a rabbit hole not worth diving into, I
will trust your judgement.  But, if it is, I'd like to tackle that first
and get it overwith.

Past that, it sounds like from past conversations that the deployment of
James as a Geronimo plugin might be made more worthwhile if we did the
refactoring to make multiple independent sub-systems out of what is
currently in James.  Perhaps I could take each sub-system at a time and
try to get it to deploy as a plugin?

Cheers,
Dave