james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Giulio Troccoli" <giu...@troccoli.it>
Subject New commands for listservcommands
Date Wed, 07 Mar 2007 22:38:18 GMT
Hello everybody,

First, let me say that I have searched the archives and the docs but it
looks like nobody as suggested what I need.

I am using James 2.3.0 on a Fedora Core 5 system. Few months ago I had the
need to create some mailing list.

I am have uncommented listserverConfig and listserverStores in config.xml
and I have edited james-listmanager.xml and james-liststores.xml to set up
my mailing lists. I am also using a modified version of miResources.xml to
personalizewd the automatic responses from the mailing lists.

With James 2.3.0 there are basically only 3 commands available to a user:
subscribe, unsubscribe and info.

I have managed to set James so that nobody can send emails to the mailing
lists, and that only one special user can send emails. This is done because
the email are sent automatically by my server. More than a mailing list you
can see it as a distribution list.

The feature I would like to see in one of the next releases of James is to
be able to set up an administrator, i.e. a special email address, that can
perfom more advanced commands, like subscribing and unsubscribing users and
getting the list of subscribers. Regarding this last bit, I know that this
is already possible using ${MEMBER_LIST}, but as it is at the moment
everybody would receive the list of subscribers, and I would like to keep
that private, for obvious reasons of privacy of course.

What do you think? Is there anything like this already in development?

Thanks
Giulio

http://www.polesoft.com/refer.html