james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Bagnara <apa...@bago.org>
Subject Re: Required version of Ant
Date Sun, 11 Mar 2007 16:20:17 GMT
Noel J. Bergman ha scritto:
> Stefano Bagnara wrote:
>> Noel J. Bergman ha scritto:
>>> Updated the nightly build server to 1.7.0.  Easy, once you
>>> REMEMBER TO COPY junit.jar from your old Ant install to
>>> the new one.  :-)
>
>> does ant 1.7.0 solve the issue with the junit task and the junit.jar
> library?
>
>> I really never liked having to manually download junit.jar to
>> the "ant install dir"/lib to be able to run the junit ant task
>> (and this applies also to other task=>dependency tuple).
>
> See http://ant.apache.org/manual/OptionalTasks/junit.html and
> http://ant.apache.org/faq.html#delegating-classloader
>
> I was just lazy, but we probably want to go with option #4.
>
> 	--- Noel

Cool to see that in 1.7 they solved this issue in a clean way: this was
*one* of the triggers that led me to try maven2 1.5 years ago.

I like the #5:
---
Leave ant-junit.jar in its default location in ANT_HOME/lib but include
junit.jar in the <classpath> passed to <junit>. (since Ant 1.7)
---

This would require to put the junit.jar in the stage folder, but if I
understood it correctly ASF allows us to do this.

This will simplify things for people that simply want to build and test
James Server without moving/copying files around.

Thank you for the links!
Stefano