james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Bagnara <apa...@bago.org>
Subject Re: [IMAP] MessageRow and MessageFlags
Date Tue, 13 Mar 2007 22:04:50 GMT
robert burrell donkin ha scritto:
> reinforces my view that JAMES should only parse data into a JavaMail
> message when this is demanded by a processor
>
> - robert

This is what I tried to achieve with the latest MimeMessageWrapper and
MimeMessageCopyOnWriteProxy.

That said, even if we don't use any processor, to be able to support
8bitmime we must be able to receive 8bitmime mails and send them as
7bitmime and this require parsing and conversion.

Btw there is still space on MimeMessageWrapper for more optimization and
to avoid the parsing of the message in common cases: we don't need to
alter javamail for this as Javamail 1.4 already provide many extension
points on the MimeMessage object (protected stuff).

Stefano