james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Bagnara <apa...@bago.org>
Subject Re: Which JDK for trunk?
Date Tue, 13 Mar 2007 21:59:29 GMT
Noel J. Bergman ha scritto:
> Stefano Bagnara wrote:
>> Noel J. Bergman wrote:
>>> I'm wondering if we might not be better of just going for JSE 5.
>> +1 but please tag the last java 1.4 compatible trunk before
>> applying any java5 specific change.
>
> If you mean the source code, fine.  But as far as I can see, we do not
> currently have a 1.4 compatible trunk.  Not until someone goes through and
> fixes the jsieve binaries (and any others that are at the wrong level).

Right!

Either way the tag alone will not be useful to build artifacts, but only
as a reference point or a start point for a branch (where we can fix the
jsieve problems).

I think is unlikely we'll use the tag, but I would like to have it
tagged anyway if we move to java5.

>>> I do not expect to see anything releasable from trunk
>>> until end of 2007, and that should be fine for JSE 5
>> Can you elaborate on the facts that led you think we'll be able to
>> release trunk at the end of 2007? What do you expect to happen in
>> this 9 months?
>
> Are you asking why I expect 9 months before a release, or ONLY 9 months?
> :-)
>
> 	--- Noel

Don't know.. think as this is part of the question ;-)

Stefano