james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Danny Angus" <da...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [IMAP] MessageRow and MessageFlags
Date Tue, 13 Mar 2007 09:24:08 GMT
I don;t know but.. I think it is because they were added later, and we
generally like to avoid changing the datamodel in ways which aren't
backwards compatible.

If we change the datamodel we should provide a migration script for
upgrades, need to either release db alter-table & update scripts or a
whole export-drop-create-import cycle.

Could you improve things using better indices? a 1-1 relationship
shouldn't be less efficient than a big table if the foreign keys are
properly indexed.

d.