james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Bagnara <apa...@bago.org>
Subject Re: All clear
Date Sat, 10 Mar 2007 17:03:56 GMT
Noel J. Bergman ha scritto:
> robert burrell donkin wrote:
>
>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/james/server/trunk/ has been moved to
>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/james/server/trunk/pheonix-deployment/
>
> HUH?!  If it is trunk it should be called trunk.  If it is some branch it
> does NOT belong under trunk.  The SVN conventions are trunk, tags and
> branches.  trunk is just that, and nothing else.

I think that this is almost standard for multimodule/granular projects.
This is a list of ASF projects I know follows the same approach:
activemq, cayenne, cocoon, apacheds, geronimo, mina, maven-archiva,
continuum, maven-components, jackrabbit...

Are you proposing to have a trunk/branches/tags structure for each
submodule? I'm against this, but I'm open to discussion or to a vote.

Stefano