james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: Which JDK for trunk?
Date Tue, 13 Mar 2007 14:59:47 GMT
Stefano Bagnara wrote:
> Noel J. Bergman wrote:
> > I'm wondering if we might not be better of just going for JSE 5.
> +1 but please tag the last java 1.4 compatible trunk before
> applying any java5 specific change.

If you mean the source code, fine.  But as far as I can see, we do not
currently have a 1.4 compatible trunk.  Not until someone goes through and
fixes the jsieve binaries (and any others that are at the wrong level).

> > I do not expect to see anything releasable from trunk
> > until end of 2007, and that should be fine for JSE 5
> Can you elaborate on the facts that led you think we'll be able to
> release trunk at the end of 2007? What do you expect to happen in
> this 9 months?

Are you asking why I expect 9 months before a release, or ONLY 9 months?
:-)

	--- Noel