james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: New commands for listservcommands
Date Sat, 10 Mar 2007 03:18:36 GMT
> I have managed to set James so that nobody can send emails to the mailing
> lists, and that only one special user can send emails.

Yes, this is trivial with the current list manager.  There is an option for
permitting only specific users to post.

> The feature I would like to see in one of the next releases of James is to
> be able to set up an administrator, i.e. a special email address, that can
> perfom more advanced commands, like subscribing and unsubscribing users
and
> getting the list of subscribers.

Feel free to submit additional commands.  There are certainly many that we
need, including improvements in the subscribe operation.

> I know that this is already possible using ${MEMBER_LIST}, but as it is at
> the moment everybody would receive the list of subscribers, and I would
> like to keep that private, for obvious reasons of privacy of course.

You'd want to require a signed message, and would want to encrypt the
response.

	--- Noel