james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: [IMAP] MessageRow and MessageFlags
Date Tue, 13 Mar 2007 14:59:50 GMT
Robert Burrell Donkin wrote:

> the more i look into the model, though, the more i wonder whether
> achieving good performance won't require changes

It likely will.  There is a change I want to make, which is to move the
message data (the blog) to a separate table.  We discussed that in Dublin.
We should take some time to review the schema, and try to make the changes
at the same time, rather than piecemeal.

> torque frequently performs unnecessary joins

I can't think of any good reason to use Torque or any other O/R mapper,
other than that they were used for expedience.  Let's ditch it for proper
SQL statements, and optimize access.

	--- Noel