james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "robert burrell donkin" <robertburrelldon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: James deployed as plugin on Geronimo!
Date Sat, 10 Mar 2007 11:20:40 GMT
> robert burrell donkin wrote:
>
> > for connectivity to the JAMES service, this is where i think that
> > service bus and JCA ideas are powerful. rather than thinking about
> > an EJB, multiple transport mechanisms would be powerful: EJB, WS,
> > JMS, JCA and so on. adopting a bus might give a lot of benefits
> > for very little effort.
>
> It might make sense to revisit some of it using JCA, but we have very
> specific needs, and an overly general approach of reusing JEE is not likely
> to give us the performance that we need.

the use case i was thinking about was a JEE application requiring deep
email integration

running james in container using JCA for integration with the JEE
application should be more performant than the application using
existing protocols to communicate via sockets. it would also be more
flexible.

for james, JCA would just be another protocol to support

- robert