james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "robert burrell donkin" <robertburrelldon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: All clear
Date Sat, 10 Mar 2007 20:38:09 GMT
> robert burrell donkin wrote:
> > Stefano wrote:

<snip>

> > > The current move from trunk to trunk/phoenix-deployment (if I understood
> > > him correctly) is only a temporary move
>
> Should have been done in a branch to minimize impact during the re-org, but
> since no one seems to be committing code or otherwise working on JAMES, no
> harm done.

the issue only arose because that i wasn't well enough to review and
commit my changes in a timely fashion

> > > in the end we'll have something similar to:
> > > server/trunk/build.xml (to build server and all its modules)
> > > server/trunk/phoenix-deployment
> > > server/trunk/pop3server
> > > server/trunk/smtpserver
>
> If we had done this from the outset, I wouldn't have posted my note, which
> complained specifically about trunk no longer being (in) the right place.

the plan is for a gradual breaking out to reduce impact on development

unless there are any objections, i'll alter the pheonix-deployment
module to use a first level directory for distributions

- robert