james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "robert burrell donkin" <robertburrelldon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: All clear
Date Sat, 10 Mar 2007 21:28:38 GMT
> robert burrell donkin wrote:

<snip>

> > the plan is for a gradual breaking out to reduce impact on development
>
> That's fine.  So long as `ant ${target}` works from the root of trunk, and
> the dist/ directory is populated with the packaged release, we're fine.

cool

> > unless there are any objections, i'll alter the pheonix-deployment
> > module to use a first level directory for distributions
>
> The automated build processes only use dist/james-${version}/downloads,
> which holds the various release packages.  The rest of the directory
> structure is an unpackaged build for phoenix.

i always found that structure a little confusing but maybe that's just me :-/

in the medium term perhaps we might think about putting the master
distributions directly into dist/james-${version}

> Are you planning to build all
> of the components first, and then stage the phoenix assembly underneath the
> phoenix-distribution directory structure?

unless anyone suggestions something better :-)

subant allows me to build in sequence (apis, libraries, functions,
deployments) calling standard targets. the component builds (apis,
libraries, functions) create jars in stage/org.apache.james/jars. the
deployment build picks these up and uses then to create the final
deployment.

BTW i'm not sure that i like the name 'stage' and think that perhaps
'lib' would be better. opinions?

- robert