james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "robert burrell donkin" <robertburrelldon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: All clear
Date Sun, 11 Mar 2007 07:15:24 GMT
> robert burrell donkin wrote:
>
> > > The automated build processes only use dist/james-${version}/downloads,
> > > which holds the various release packages.  The rest of the directory
> > > structure is an unpackaged build for phoenix.
>
> > i always found that structure a little confusing but maybe that's just me
> :-/
>
> Which structure?  The only part I really need is the one directory listed
> above.

having the release artifacts in dist/james-${version}/downloads. the
exploded pheonix directory feels to me like something that should live
in target, not dist. but this is just a comment, not an issue.

> > in the medium term perhaps we might think about putting the master
> > distributions directly into dist/james-${version}
>
> Eliminating the download/ directory?  That's not a problem, except that I
> will need to modify my scripts to have a different set for the working
> branches and the new trunk.

let's leave it for now

> > BTW i'm not sure that i like the name 'stage' and think that perhaps
> > 'lib' would be better. opinions?
>
> Yes, lib/ is probably better than stage (referring to earlier topic).  We
> might want to distinguish between our own components and external
> dependencies.

the directory uses the maven standard layout. so all james artifacts
are in the directory org.apache.james. good enough?

- robert