james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Bagnara <apa...@bago.org>
Subject Backporting JAMES-781 fix to v2.3
Date Fri, 06 Apr 2007 08:31:19 GMT
Hi all,

I just committed to trunk the fix for JAMES-781 after Ozkan confirmed
the fix was working.

If I understood Ozkan the JAMES did never start because of too many
files scanned at start, and instead throwed an Out Of Memory (probably
because the phoenix method was returning an array of urls).

The change involve few lines changed in a single class from phoenix. For
James the change consist in replacing the resulting phoenix-engine.jar
(we have it in 2 folders: lib and bin/lib) and add a classloader
definition in environment.xml. The new phoenix-engine.jar works as
before if the environment.xml is not changed (backward compatibility).

If no one raise his voice I will backport it to v2.3 (for inclusion in
2.3.1) on next monday.

Stefano