james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Danny Angus" <da...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Can JAMES recover spooled mail after a JVM crash?
Date Tue, 24 Apr 2007 22:09:40 GMT
On 4/24/07, robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldonkin@gmail.com> wrote:

> will spooled mail survive a JVM crash?
>
> will it be automatically processed next time james starts?

Just to add to what everyone else has said.. Yes. (we got that right
:-)  the cost is that it may be processed twice through one or more
processors. Which isn't ideal if you're a student of messaging but
seems to be pretty normal for email.

The CompilerThread stuff is related to the hotspot optimiser (as I'm
sure you know) so down/upgrading might help, so also might exploring
some of the -XX settings or alternative JSE implementations.

We (work) have a sun support contract and we've raised one or two
issues with 1.4 normally they can be resolved with either changing
versions or meddling with heap settings.

d.