james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Bagnara <apa...@bago.org>
Subject Re: James artifacts on Maven repositories
Date Thu, 03 May 2007 08:48:21 GMT
Jukka Zitting ha scritto:
> Hi,

>> Unfortunately, even in you find a pom.xml in the James SERVER root,
>> James SERVER is not a maven2 application. We use ant/build.xml to
>> build the application. The pom is there mainly for the website
>> generation.
>
> It would still be cool to have the artifacts on the repository even if
> you don't use Maven internally as the build environment. Even the
> javamail artifacts are available on the repository.

Yes, the answer to this is the NOTICE/LICENSE issue and the fact that we
never had an official VOTE to release a jar package for JAMES Server.
So it is not only a matter of gpg signing, adding a pom and submit the
package to the repository: we should first VOTE to release the JARs alone.

I think this is indeed a good idea: can you please add a JIRA issue, so
that at least we will remember this for the next release?

Thank you,
Stefano