james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Bagnara <apa...@bago.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Jar names should contain "apache"
Date Tue, 15 May 2007 00:06:35 GMT
Danny Angus ha scritto:
> On 5/14/07, Steve Brewin <sbrewin@synsys.com> wrote:
>
>> Just to be clear, for the .jar filenames we are really talking about no
>> spaces, either camelCased or hyphenated aren't we? Those pesky spaces
>> cause
>> more trouble than they are worth!
>
> OMG I hope so!

I believe everyone intended to keep use lowercase/hyphenated names.
The discussion was only about the apache prefix and the use of the james
word inside artifact names.

At the moment it seems we agree on using "apache-" at the start of every
artifact and add "james" only for the "server" product that is not
self-describing (apache-server does not tell people it is james-server,
instead apache-mime4j or apache-jspf are enough to identify the product
inside the ASF).

Stefano