james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Bagnara <apa...@bago.org>
Subject [mime4j] release plan for 0.3
Date Fri, 11 May 2007 12:00:17 GMT
Hi all,

I just deployed snapshot builds for mime4j here:
http://people.apache.org/~bago/mime4j/

I took care to update the james-project project and mime4j poms to have
LICENSE/NOTICE correctly included in every artifact (META-INF for jars,
root folder for other packages) and to remove any file with doubt
licensing or unknown copyright holder (thank to Bernd for having noticed
this).

I also changed a bit the resulting packages for the mime4j project:

%.jar: main "library only" binary distribution.

%-src.zip and %-src.tar.gz: source distribution. Contains the svn source
tree.

%-bin.zip and %-bin.tar.gz: binary distribution. Contains the main jar
in the root, the runtime dependencies jar in the lib folder, the example
"source" folder and the generated javadocs.

%-source.jar: contains source and generated sources java files (this may
be used in IDEs to attach sources to library for debugging purposes).

%-javadoc.jar: contains javadocs for the library (same consideration
about the IDE usage of this artifact).

jar and pom files are intended to be deployed to public maven repositories.

Please review.

If no one raises his voice I will ask Norman to prepare/tag/sign a
release the next week and to start a vote for official release of JAMES
Mime4J 0.3 and JAMES Project 1.1 artifacts
(james-parent/james-project/maven-skin).

Stefano