james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Bagnara <apa...@bago.org>
Subject Re: James artifacts on Maven repositories
Date Thu, 03 May 2007 08:56:25 GMT
Jukka Zitting ha scritto:
> Hi,
>
> I wanted to experiment writing custom mailets, but found out that none
> of the James artifacts are available on the central Maven repository.
> I installed them locally so it's not a direct problem for me, but I
> think it would be very nice if the artifacts were readily available
> for Maven projects.
>
> BR,
>
> Jukka Zitting

The last cause that we never published artifacts to maven repositories
is because we are trying to not use remote repositories for our
products, so we never had a real need for this.

You may have noticed the existence of a "stage" or a "repos" folder in
our product source trees and some reference to this folder in our
pom.xmls. I also suggest you to always use the "-Plocal" profile when
working with JAMES products and maven.

We try to only use this local stage folder for dependency to satisfy
Noel concerns about maven repositories security (*partially* shared by
me too: http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-2477)

I hope that maven 2.1 will fill this small missing gap, soon.

Stefano