james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Bagnara <apa...@bago.org>
Subject Re: Questions on the Mail and MailRepository interfaces
Date Wed, 16 May 2007 14:01:25 GMT
robert burrell donkin ha scritto:
> On 5/15/07, Danny Angus <danny@apache.org> wrote:
>> On 5/15/07, Stefano Bagnara <apache@bago.org> wrote:
>>
>> > My suggestion is to place the core non-avalon code in the main class
>> and
>> > then write an avalonized wrapper to that class (or an extended version
>> > implementing avalon interfaces).
>>
>> +1 I would be stronger and say that that is a pattern which we would
>> like to apply to all of James, separate POJO's with single
>> responsibilities from wrappers which impose or implement lifecycle.
>
> i'd like to go even further than that :-)
>
> IMHO each JAMES subproject should be a pure component containing POJOs
> suitable for reuse with no coupling on JAMES server. a library module
> in the server should adapt the component for use in JAMES. a
> deployment module should tool the component for deployment by
> providing configuration and other services.

Can you define "JAMES subprojects" ?

Are you referring to JAMES server modules or to real JAMES project
products (like jspf/mime4j ?)

In the latter case we already do what you already suggest.

If instead you refer to JAMES Server modules then I agree that
theoretically it should be done that way: I reserve to give a more
complete comments on proposed concrete solutions, or better code patches.

Stefano