james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Bagnara <apa...@bago.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Jar names should contain "apache" (was: Re: [mime4j] release plan for 0.3)
Date Mon, 14 May 2007 08:33:41 GMT
Do you prefer "apache-james-mime4j-0.3.jar" or "apache-mime4j-0.3.jar" ?

In practice: when the project name is already in the james namespace
(server alone does not identify a james product, but jspf, jsieve,
mime4j, postage and mailet do) should we use "apache-" instead of
"james" or should we use both anyway?

I suggest the use of apache-mime4j because I don't like too much long
file names.

Furthermore JAMES Server is currently packaged as "james-" alone. I'd
like to use the "server" name and this proposal adds the apache prefix
so this should be named "apache-james-server-X.X.X-classifier.ext"
(classifier=bin|src, ext=zip|jar|tar.gz). About the modules jars
currently  they are named like "james-server-imapserver-function".
In this case we should simply add the "apache-" prefix.

WDYT?

Stefano