james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Bagnara <apa...@bago.org>
Subject Trunk Imap vs Sandboxed Imap (Was: svn commit: r536979 [1/4])
Date Fri, 11 May 2007 10:23:31 GMT
Mainly for Robert, but maybe also others are involved.

The imap we currently have in trunk is an unstable work mainy by
Joachim. Joachim already said he is no more interested in mantaining and
keep working on that.

This means that only Robert is currently working on the IMAP goals.

Maybe we don't need to keep 2 parallel experimental versions and we can
stick to one. If the trunk imap was a stable/release module I would
share your current solution, but I think we don't need 2 experimental
modules with a single mantainer (you ;-) ).

If you think that seda is the way to go then my suggestion is to tag the
trunk version and replace it with the seda sandbox (keeping the original
package).

Stefano

PS: this is not to tell you what you have to do, but simply to tell you
what IMHO you can do to keep things simple.