james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Bagnara <apa...@bago.org>
Subject Re: Questions on the Mail and MailRepository interfaces
Date Thu, 17 May 2007 16:13:41 GMT
Danny Angus ha scritto:

> cenarios.
>> Otherwise it will fit a very limited usecase and we'll have to skip the
>> "let's use JCR as THE interface" proposed by Noel.
>
> I'm not convinced about that, we have two interfaces because we have
> two distinct responsibilities and two different use cases (spool and
> mail)
>
> I think that we really do need to find out what the performance is
> actually like before we start trying to "fix" imaginary performance
> issues for uncommon deployment scenarios.

Well, I can only report you what happened to me.
We also have postage if you want to stress test some scenario.

Again, I don't share your definition of "uncommon deployment scenarios",
but I think this is not important.

IMHO the important thing is to have new stuff: if it is architecturally
wrong or limited to low traffic servers we can anyway start a different
backend (or even a different server at all) when who have the problem
will also have the time to work on it :-)

Stefano