james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Bagnara <apa...@bago.org>
Subject Re: Hackathon IRC and Vysper Lab
Date Thu, 03 May 2007 09:23:52 GMT
Bernd Fondermann ha scritto:
> Hi,
>
> due to persisting network problems I was not able to join IRC on Tuesday
> :-(

I sent a part of my chatlog to Noel: I hope he will take care to merge
the logs and send the log to the list.

> At one point Stefano asked about the XMMP Server lab I've requested
> (called Vysper).
> Unfortunately, I don't remember the exact question he asked.
>
> I think that XMMP and its extensions (see
> http://www.xmpp.org/extensions/) requires or at least justifies a
> project on its own.

I agree that it needs its own prject. And I share your choice to
approach the MINA project for that.

I was just curious about your specific interest in such a library: of
course this *could* be a private issue ;-)
I wonder if you planned some JAMES Server-XMPP IM integration like
sending email when the XMPP contact is offline or notifying the XMPP
contact when specific email are received.

> However, this project is in its _very_ early stages. Nobody knows where
> it goes ATM. Simply die, or become part of James or whatever.
>
> Any help from anyone is highly appreciated. :-)
>
>   Bernd

The project seems to be really interesting. Unfortunately I have to
autolimit myself as I already have too many hands in too many places!
I'm playing a lot with MINA+Spring2+ActiveMQ in the last months so
Vysper is very near to my current technology platform, and I bet I'll
have some to share: thoughts, code, ideas, bugfix.
On the other side I don't have any specific knowledge about the XMPP
protocol.

> PS: Questions concerning Vysper should go to the labs mailing list.
> Some topics could also be discussed here, as far as James is involved.

I just saw that Vysper has been approved today :-)
Congratulation and good luck! I'm happy to see more activity from you
(even if it is not directly related to JAMES)!

Stefano