james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Questions on the Mail and MailRepository interfaces
Date Mon, 14 May 2007 20:20:32 GMT
Hi,

I'm working on the JCR mail repository for James, and I'd like to
better understand the Mail and MailRepository interfaces.

a) Should implementations of the MailRepository class be thread-safe?

b) Should the Avalon lifecycle interfaces be used when implementing
MailRepository?

c) What parts of a mail message need to be stored when
MailRepository.store(Mail) is called? For example should the mail name
(Mail.getName()) or attributes (Mail.hasAttributes(), etc.) be stored?

d) Should mailRepository.store(mailRepository.retrieve(...)) update
the existing message or create a new one?

e) Should mailRepository.retrieve(...).setMessage(...) update the mail
repository?

f) Should mailRepository.retrieve(...).getMessage().setFrom(...)
update the mail repository?

g) Should mail.setRecipients(...) affect mail.getMessage().getAllRecipients()?

h) Should mail.getMessage().addRecipients(...) affect mail.getRecipients()?

I'll probably come up with more questions, but I guess these are a
good starting point. :-)

BR,

Jukka Zitting