james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Questions on the Mail and MailRepository interfaces
Date Tue, 15 May 2007 14:24:54 GMT
Hi,

> You probably noticed that we currenlty have SpoolRepository and
> MailReposutory and that SpoolRepository is a MailRepository with some
> added method (every MailRepository could expose SpoolRepository services
> via a simple wrapper).
>
> We discussed many times about changing this so to have a
> MessageRepository that should be similar to the current MailRepository
> but only include mail.message (MimeMessage) informationd and an
> EnvelopeRepository (to replace SpoolRepository) that should only store
> the envelope (everything else you find in the Mail object but the
> MimeMessage) and reference a Message from a MessageRepository.
> [...]
> some related link, if you are interested:

Thanks, very interesting...

I'd be interested in pursuing an approach where the full message is
never exists outside the repository, i.e. the message is streamed
directly into the repository during an SMTP DATA command (or the
equivalent in other protocols) and only the message key returned by
the repository is used to keep track of the message.

BR,

Jukka Zitting