james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Questions on the Mail and MailRepository interfaces
Date Thu, 17 May 2007 12:52:13 GMT
Hi,

> I'll probably come up with more questions, [...]

Locking:

* Should a message lock be visible to other processes that access the
same repository?

* Should a message lock automatically prevent other clients form
modifying the node or just from acquiring the lock?

* Who can release a mesage lock? I notice that the Lock utility class
always binds a lock to the current thread.

* What happens if a client fails to unlock a message?

Mail lifecycle:

* Is there a defined lifecycle for Mail instances? I'm thinking about
associating a JCR session with a Mail instance to allow on-demand
release the session I'd need some way to know when the Mail instance
is no longer in use.

BR,

Jukka Zitting