james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Danny Angus" <da...@apache.org>
Subject Re: JAMES technology uplift
Date Wed, 02 May 2007 17:12:14 GMT
> I prefer to
> not require a full J2EE stack for running it. If we build upon JCR and
> JMS we already provide lots of options for deployment. Btw it seems you
> switch deployment options too fast ;-) .. yesterday (some months ago)
> everyone was for OSGi... I don't read OSGi in this mail...

I don't think we should *require* J2EE, but the point I made to Noel
is that there are benefits in some circumstances, of making an MDB
deployment of the spoolmanager an attractive *option*.

OSGi is still a possibility. The thing we should be focussed on is
changing James so that it could be deployed as easily in any of many
different environments, and pick *one* for our core distribution.

d.