james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Danny Angus" <da...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Experimental Modules (Or - the code that came in from the code)
Date Thu, 10 May 2007 08:54:11 GMT
On 5/9/07, robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldonkin@gmail.com> wrote:

> so, i would like to propose we allow experimental modules in trunk.

We could even have an "experimental" or "technology preview" distribution.
I like this idea a lot, a whole big lot.

I don't think we should prefix the names, but perhaps we could find
some other means of identifying experimental modules, perhaps using
messages on the startup screen and in the build. E.G.:

James Mail Server next-major
EXPERIMENTAL MailboxManager has been initialized
Remote Manager  Service started plain:4555
EXPERIMENTAL IMAP Service started plain:10143
POP3  Service started plain:110
etc...

and ...

ant -Dinclude=experimental dist