james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Danny Angus" <da...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Questions on the Mail and MailRepository interfaces
Date Fri, 18 May 2007 14:30:08 GMT
On 5/17/07, robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldonkin@gmail.com> wrote:

> perhaps danny would like to explain...

Oh right, well its about blending channels of communication.
Email is only one form of inbound/outbound communication between a
person and an organisation. An efficient customer-focused organisation
will want to manage all communications from the point of view of the
customer relationship and not the technology.

By working with JCR we have an opportunity to take the content of an
email and expose it as a "communication" in a way that can be blended
with telephony and scanned letters as well as SMS and IM by products
which are capable of performing that blending.

By keeping one copy of the communication (which is what robert meant
by "mail") and using meta-data to "route" the email we can send that
communication into skills based work queues, and customer accounts etc
by refrence to its location in the repository and not "by value" by
creating copies in other storage systems.

d.