james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Bagnara <apa...@bago.org>
Subject Re: JCR back-end
Date Sat, 05 May 2007 14:15:44 GMT
Jukka Zitting ha scritto:
> Note that the use case I described (email archival) was an answer to
> your question about a potential standalone need for similar tools that
> we're going to write for James in the james-jcr sandbox.

"email archival" sounded too generic to me: our jdbc and mime-file based
email repositories are already used as "email archival" by someone but
they never deserved a standalone product.

>> Let's call it MCR (mail content repository): how would you describe this
>> "MCR" ? A library that allow you to do THIS, a server product exposing
>> this N services over XXX protocol. Is it instead a library that wrap JCR
>> to make it more "email" oriented?
>
> The email archival use case I described would store all email in a
> content repositor using the generic tools and content model from the
> james-jcr component that we're about to implement. On top of that an
> archive application would typically provide a (web) user interface for
> querying the email archives for various purposes, most notably to find
> all correspondence that's relevant to a given audit or lawsuit.
>
> The part that we'd implement in James is just the email to JCR mapping
> that we'll need in any case for using a JCR store within the James
> server.

This answer perfectly satisfies my need :-)

Let's make it work as a JAMES Server component, THEN, if we'll have
created something working also standalone we'll discuss and vote for a
specific sub-product/sub-project.

Thank you,
Stefano